Songwol-dong was named for its view of the moon between the pine forest. The opening of Incheon Port in 1883 led to the start of many foreigners coming into the area for settlement, and it turned into a rich village. However, young people gradually moved out, leaving the village in a state of stagnation. As such, a renovation project was brought about to improve the development of the village by decorating with murals and sculptures of classic fairy tales.
Source: Korea Tourism Organization official English tourism database. Opening hours and details can change — check the official website before visiting.