BTSDB
TRAVEL KOREA · GYEONGSANGNAM-DO

Hambyeongnu Pavilion

Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)

Included in Hapcheon's Eight Scenic Views, Hambyeongnu Pavilion was built in 1321, during the 8th year of Goryeo King Chungsuk by Hapcheon County Lord Kim. The location at the base of Daeyaseong Fortress, the pavilion offers views of Jeongyangho Lake on the Hwanggang River. The pavilion was visited by many poets, with writings from Toegye Yi Hwang, Nammyeong Josil, and Wooam Song Si-yeol hanging from tablets inside, and a rock engraved with "Hambyeongnu" in the handwriting of Song Si-yeol behind the pavilion.<br />Hambyeongnu is a 3-pillar wide by 2-pillar deep, 2-story pavilion, with an octagonal roof connected with a frame of five parts. The roof of the pavilion is famous in that when it rains, the water drips straight off the eaves and into the river below.

Address
80 Jukjuk-gil, Hapcheon-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
Map
Naver Map · Google Maps (Naver/Kakao navigate best in Korea)

Source: Korea Tourism Organization official English tourism database. Opening hours and details can change — check the official website before visiting.

More in Gyeongsangnam-do
MEDIQUEEN — MEDICAL TOURISM IN KOREA Get a free estimate from Korea's top hospitals Plastic surgery · dermatology · dental · health checkup — with interpreter & full concierge Free estimate →