Hwagyesa Temple was built in 1522 (the seventeenth year of the reign of King Jungjong of the Joseon dynasty) by monk Shinwol, but was destroyed in a fire in 1618. It was rebuilt the following year, and expanded In 1866 through the efforts of Monks Yongseon and Beomun.<br> The temple also has various templestay programs for visitors. Hwagyesa Temple is located not too far from the city but also provides a natural environment.
Source: Korea Tourism Organization official English tourism database. Opening hours and details can change — check the official website before visiting.